Free Christmas SVG Bundle
Glitter Vinyl – Permanent Vinyl – HTV
I love decorating for Christmas inside and outside of the home. It’s also a fabulous time of year to use up my scrap pieces of vinyl that I have stashed in it’s own personal storage bin.
I created different Merry Christmas sayings using 48 different fonts in SVG cut files that can be resized for your projects. You may sell designs you make with these, give them as gifts, or go crazy and decorate every room in your home!
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
HTV & HTV Glitter Vinyl Projects:
- Pot Holders
- Tea Towels
- Tablecloth Runners
- Pet Blankets/Outfits
- Carry On Luggage
- Duffle Bags
- Laundry Bags
- Draw String Gift Bags
Tips & Tricks for using HTV ( Heat Transfer Vinyl)
1. Always mirror your image cut file before cutting out your project.
2. Place the shiny side of the HTV sheet down on to your cutting mat.
3. Always make sure your blade setting is set to the correct setting before beginning your cut. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve forgotten this step and it has cost me an expensive sheet of vinyl when I forgot to switch from cardstock back to vinyl.
4. Before weeding the vinyl from your design have a print out of your design handy to look at so you know which pieces to weed out and which ones to leave on the carrier mat. This is especially handy when you are working on a design that has intricate details but I have learned from past mistakes that it also comes in handy for simple designs when you are weeding at a fast pace.
5. When using a home iron make sure you use the settings recommended for the HTV you are using. Each manufacturer has recommended settings for each of their HTV. Apply as much muscle as you can so your project is getting the pressure needed to transfer your vinyl on to your fabric. This will get you in shape for rolling Christmas cookies, pie crusts and biscuits for the holidays! Crafting can build muscles every bit as much as a membership to the gym and with the money you are saving you can purchase more craft supplies.
6. Allow at least a week after heat setting before washing your garment or fabric project.
Glitter Vinyl Projects:
- Cake Carriers
- Cupcake Carriers
- Christmas Ornaments
- Door Decals
- Christmas Storage Tubs
Tip for using 651 Permanent Vinyl
Success is all about right the Transfer Tape. The struggle is real! Everyone seems to have their own personal preference when it comes to which transfer tape they prefer. There are quite a few variables when it comes to purchasing transfer tape, cost is at the top of the list especially when you are making multiple projects and want to be cost effective. Keep in mind you can reuse the tape multiple times before the sticky no longer works. I started out using the kind that had a paper backing which needed to be pulled from the tape while adhering it to my project. Over time I have learned to use the tape with no backing and actually prefer it because it’s one less step involved when creating my projects.
My favorite transfer tape is sold by ExpressionsVinyl. Great prices and they have amazing deals and sales on a regular basis.
Gridlined Clear Transfer Tape – 12″x30′ Roll
Ultra Clear Transfer Tape – 12″x30′ Roll
651 Permanent Vinyl Projects: (Glossy)
- Storm Doors
- Front Doors
- Car Decals
- Storefront Decals
- Garbage Cans
- Mailbox Designs
- Container Decals
- Storage Decals
- Container Decals
- Glass Blocks
- Shadow Box Decals